Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

01 May 2006

Junk Dump

For Maria and Jen



These are the mules I was wearing in my picture. They are not new. I don't remember where I got them. They've been worn enough so that I can't read the brand name (but I think it's Onex). This picture was taken with my cell phone because I couldn't find the real camera.
But they ARE stylin'!

Possible immigration solution?

Now that Mexico has decriminalized possession of small amounts of marijuana, cocaine and heroin, I see a possible flow of traffic back across the border to the south by U.S citizens.

Joke

One day, Jimmy Joe was walking down Main Street when he saw his buddy Bubba driving a brand new pickup. Bubba pulled up to him with a wide grin.

"Bubba, where'd you get that truck?!?"

"Bobbie Sue gave it to me" Bubba replied.

"She gave it to you? I knew she was sweet on ya, but a new truck?"

"Well, Jimmy Joe, let me tell you what happened. We was driving in her new truck out on County Road 6, in the middle of nowhere when Bobbie Sue pulled off the road, put the truck in 4-wheel drive, and headed into the woods. She parked the truck, got out, threw off all her clothes and said, 'Bubba, take whatever you want!' So I took the truck."

"Bubba, you're a smart man!. Them clothes woulda never fit you!"

Having a rough day?

Just in case you've had a rough day, here's a stress management technique that comes highly recommended by many psychologists and psychiatrists ... and it really works.
  • Picture yourself near a stream.

  • Birds are softly chirping in the cool mountain air.

  • No one but you knows this secret place.

  • You are in total seclusion from the hectic place called "the world,".

  • The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air with a cascade of serenity.

  • The water is crystal clear.

  • You can easily make out the blue face of the person you're holding underwater.

See, you're smiling already.

  • On 5/02/2006 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I loved that last one. It was naaasty! x

     
  • On 5/02/2006 9:31 AM, Blogger Jami said…

    Maria - me, too! Last night I found the camera but then didn't remember to take a good picture of the shoes. This is what happens as you approach six decades of existence and still have two pre-teenage kids.

    Andy - yes, it was nasty but you know what? The technique works! (And just so no one gets the wrong idea about my stand on violence: THIS IS A JOKE!)

     
  • On 5/02/2006 4:16 PM, Blogger DeniseUMLaw said…

    A joke? You? Joking? I don't know -- two posts about killing people; I'm starting to wonder about you...

     
  • On 5/02/2006 4:17 PM, Blogger DeniseUMLaw said…

    Oh yea, the shoes are cute! (I did look, even if the picture was earmarked for Maria and Jen). ;)

     
  • On 5/02/2006 4:24 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    OK, Denise, you can peek. You know I've never minded crowds.

    And I realize that it's just Tuesday but it's been a tough week already, so don't push me! OK? ok. (maybe I should get my dosages checked)

     
  • On 5/04/2006 11:58 AM, Blogger Jami said…

    I stay away from those long pointy-toed shoes because I really don't think I need to make my already ginormous feet look any longer than they are. ("Oh, look! Here's Jami's feet, so I know she'll be along any minute.") And every time I see someone wearing those I think about how easy it would be for her to climb a chain-link fence while wearing them.

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page