Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

04 October 2006

I STILL haven’t forgotten …

... but I’m STILL in Mexico. This is my third week here, although this week I’m in Mexico City instead of the hinterlands. Since this is the largest city in the Western Hemisphere and the second largest in the world, I’d almost rather be out in the boonies … but the food here is terrific and that counts for something. Although my work weeks have been hectic, averaging 10 to 12 hours a day, I have been going back to home and family on the weekends. But since that means I get 2 days to do 7 days worth of house and yard work, not to mention family lovin’, this blog has been the one to sacrifice.

Yesterday on Monday I flew in, didn’t sleep on the plane like I normally do and only worked 6 hours, which is why I had the time to write up the entry below. But the hotel’s Internet connection was down, so it wasn’t posted. Today we’re waiting for more equipment to show up (it’s somewhere in Mexico City traffic, so it might be a while) which is why I have the time to write up this piece. Of course, it won’t get posted until I get back to the hotel (they said the connection had been restored this morning), so it might be awhile before y’all see it. You can check the time stamp to see when it actually makes it online.

Thanks to everybody for their good thoughts in the comments below and I promise to keep you all in mind … especially in the wee hours of the morning when I’m still working and really tempted to call some of you just so I won’t be the only one awake!

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page