Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

18 June 2007

Kid Komedy

Since I posted about my son's cracking wise at the movie, I should offer my daughter equal time.

The family went to see the new Fantastic 4 movie yesterday because we're all comic book geeks to one degree or another. (OK, in the interest of complete disclosure: I'm a huge geek and the rest of the family are just a little geeky.) But this isn't about the movie - which was OK - but the preview trailers shown before the movie. One was for "Underdog" and in it Underdog says, "You don't see dogs hurting each other for money." The boy he's speaking to responds, "You don't see humans sniffing each other's butts." Funny enough. But upon seeing this little exchange, my 6-year-old daughter leans over to her mother, says, "But what about the humans who sniff dogs' butts?" and breaks out laughing. I thought her mother, the stranger seated next to her mother and I were all going to simultaneously backflush our sinuses with soda as we burst out laughing.

Have I mentioned that I love my kids? This is one of the reasons why.

  • On 6/18/2007 4:19 PM, Blogger cathouse teri said…

    So the Silver Surfer wasn't that great?

    I love what kids say. Those are some wise cracking kids you have there! :)

     
  • On 6/18/2007 4:36 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    No, the Silver Surfer was HOT! This movie was better than the first one, although Jessica Alba had on too much eye makeup most of the time and her blond didn't look all that convincing. (Meow!)

     
  • On 6/18/2007 6:24 PM, Blogger cathouse teri said…

    I have no use for Jessica Alba. :)

     
  • On 6/18/2007 6:25 PM, Blogger cathouse teri said…

    http://cathouseteri.blogspot.com/2007/05/im-not-impressed-with-jessica-alba.html

     
  • On 6/18/2007 10:34 PM, Blogger BBC said…

    "I'm the parent of two terrific kids under the age of 12. I have a spouse. We've been together for 37 years. I'll be 59 in about a week."

    I'm impressed, but noting about you in your profile bothers me. Well, other than bringing more kids into the world when we need to get a handle on populations.

    Just because we are spiritual beings here to have great sex with each other in physical bodies doesn't mean we have to over populate the planet and destroy it.

    Just saying, hugs.

     
  • On 6/18/2007 11:23 PM, Blogger robkroese said…

    I can think of a few uses for Jessica Alba. Too bad acting isn't one.

     
  • On 6/19/2007 4:44 AM, Blogger DeniseUMLaw said…

    I will have to check out the link to Jessica Alba. I don't even know who she is (the Invisible Woman?).

    BBC -- Jami didn't bring her *FABULOUS* kids into this world, she adopted them after they were already here. Just saying.

    Jami, I adore the stories of your kids. I'm so glad they inherited your sense of humor!

     
  • On 6/19/2007 7:11 AM, Blogger Howard said…

    Hahaha! Your kids are the best. At least they keep me in stitches.

    Denise - Thank you! You saved me the trouble. Also just sayin'.

     
  • On 6/19/2007 7:20 AM, Blogger Jenn in Holland said…

    Yeah, what about those people? I have been wondering about that myself...
    Your kids are great. Funny, WANTED, needed, and great.
    Y'all are an inspiration.
    Just sayin'.

     
  • On 6/19/2007 9:41 AM, Blogger cathouse teri said…

    What bbc said makes me want to throw up.

    I'm just sayin!

     
  • On 6/19/2007 10:34 AM, Blogger Jami said…

    Thanks, guys! I'll be sure to give both of 'em some extra kisses from y'all tonight.

    Teri, Diesel - Alba is eye-candy, although it looked like the candy was getting a little stale in this flick. And in all fairness, I'll also admit that there are a number of hotties out there with real acting chops.

    In BBC's defense, he didn't know our kids were adopted because I don't publicize that fact. It's a non-issue to us: they're simply our kids - period. But I feel the same way about overpopulation that he does.

     
  • On 6/19/2007 12:46 PM, Blogger cathouse teri said…

    Actually, I didn't mean his comment about kids.

     
  • On 6/19/2007 12:56 PM, Blogger cathouse teri said…

    By the way, hun, I'm sorry I dirtied up your blog with that negativity. I didn't mean to say that out loud. I'm premenstrual and during this time, I think the same things, they just pour out of my mouth (and fingers) too readily. :)

    I'll try to behave.

     
  • On 6/19/2007 2:17 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    Teri - you did NOT dirty up anything, you were just being honest and you don't have to apologize for anything you have said here! Believe me, it's very hard to piss me off; I've had way too much practice at being thick-skinned. As for pissing off anyone else here, fuck 'em.

    Besides, even if you do know how to behave (which I have my doubts about), where's the fun in that? So, please don't even TRY to behave and continue being your lovable catty self!

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page