Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

24 April 2008

This and that and some other stuff

[Random brain droppings]

I'm disappointed. Denise is coming back into town, and we were going to go to dinner tonight. Notice that I said "were", not "are". Some emergency family stuff has come up requiring the absence of Redheaded Spouse this afternoon and evening, and therefore I have to be at home tonight having dinner with the kids. Although to be honest, I might just break down and take THEM out to eat. It'll be your turn next time, Denise!

I'm also tired. Pink Guy has a big report due today on (get this!) Korean food. And like any 12-year-old, he waited until, like, 20 minutes before bedtime last night to start on it. OK, maybe not THAT late, but he did put enough of it off until last night to make it a late night for all concerned. "All concerned" would be him and his parents, by the way, of which I am one. As part of this report, he had to actually cook a Korean dish. (Yes, my kids know how to cook.) He wanted to make kimchi, but when he found out how much actual work was involved, he opted for bibim naengmyun, instead. It's pretty good.

A banner ad at some website I visited was for the Universal Technical Institute, which I assume is some sort of geek education place. What caught my eye, though, was their logo. When I saw it the first thing that went through my mind was, "Why the hell do they have an ad up for urinary tract infection?"

My house is a mess, but only on the inside. Not that the outside is beautifully pristine or anything but it looks a helluva lot better than the inside. It's not dirty, just messy; I hate mess. So, nobody gets invitations to come inside right now. We'll have to sort it all out sometime soon, though, since Fireball's seventh birthday is a month from today and she wants to have a party. Heaven forbid anyone should think we live like this!

Israel and I are the same age. OK, Israel was 5 weeks old when I was born, but that's close enough. My mother missed Ed Sullivan's first television show because it was on at the same time she was delivering me. Well, she also missed the first show (and a bunch of the ones afterward) because she didn't own a television.

Have I mentioned lately that I like kissing? Oh ... thought so.

You're a Freaky Kisser

When you kiss, you want to experience something new: A new technique, a new partner, a new piercing...And your own personal kissing style is very unpredictable. There's no saying where your tongue or hands will go.

  • On 4/24/2008 12:05 PM, Blogger Friðvin said…

    Oh cool. A kissy test. Must take.

     
  • On 4/24/2008 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Apparently, I'm a whore! My result (and this is all true):

    You're a Free Love Kisser
    Of all the kissing types, you've racked up the most experience
    Kissing is no big deal to you - you'll kiss anyone you find hot!
    It's easy for you to take the plunge and make the first move.
    And you don't really consider kissing to be cheating!

     
  • On 4/24/2008 2:07 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    No, no, no! Whores do it for money; you're apparently just a slut.

     
  • On 4/24/2008 3:26 PM, Blogger Friðvin said…

    Well, I'm pretty insulted. I only got "passionate kisser" which to me sounds like it could be my parents. Damn it! I wanted to be the slut/whore!!

     
  • On 4/24/2008 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay for sluts! *claps*

    (oh it's me, oneloveonelight. The damn comment thingie wasn't working. If you get 4 slut celebration comments in a row, that'd be me.)

     
  • On 4/24/2008 4:19 PM, Blogger cathouse teri said…

    *Teri kisses you!*

     
  • On 4/24/2008 5:34 PM, Blogger none said…

    I hate messes too. An inch of dust is ok as long as everything is put away :)

     
  • On 4/25/2008 10:36 AM, Blogger Jami said…

    @1L1L - Only one slut celebration comment, but I had three extra drinks to celebrate just in case more showed up later when I wasn't looking.

    @Teri - *Jami kisses you back! With a lot of tongue for a long time!*

     
  • On 5/02/2008 5:17 AM, Blogger Jenn in Holland said…

    I love kissing too. I must run to take the exam. I am pretty sure I will get an A+
    Sesame Street and I are the same age by the way. Maybe not as prestigious as being Israel's twin, but still it's something.
    My oldest does that wait until the last minute to do projects thing too. Grrrr. Wish I could make it different, but so far all my weeping and wailing over the late nights (mine not his) hasn't made impact.
    Off to kiss test.

     
  • On 5/02/2008 5:21 AM, Blogger Jenn in Holland said…

    Well, would you look at that, I am a free love kisser!

    You're a Free Love Kisser

    Of all the kissing types, you've racked up the most experience
    Kissing is no big deal to you - you'll kiss anyone you find hot!
    It's easy for you to take the plunge and make the first move.
    And you don't really consider kissing to be cheating!

    Hmmmm....

     
  • On 5/03/2008 1:52 PM, Blogger exskindiver said…

    i got sucked into this test the other night when i was here.
    i forgot to say hello.
    i had 5 of us taking the test...

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page