Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

29 May 2008

If it wasn't for bad luck ...

Yesterday was memorable ... but not a good memorable.

Some of you may remember that I have had a few issues with my knee. Well, yesterday I did something at work (like WALKING) that really screwed it up. I'm going to the doctor this afternoon to see if he can tell just how badly I've messed it up, but it's definitely hurting a lot worse now than it has in a long, long time. I'm currently walking like a 100-year-old lady ... with a bad knee.

Then, Redheaded Spouse's mother called to say that the fire department was at her house. The 50-year-old wiring to her 2-year-old oven had shorted out and started a fire. She grabbed her fire extinguisher and used it to put out the fire, but it restarted so she called the fire department. They arrived, shut off the power and put out the fire with a CO2 extinguisher. The only aftereffect is some smoke damage and the powder residue from the home extinguisher all over her kitchen.

Finally, an upstairs toilet at our house got blocked up (coincidentally right after my son used it) and overflowed. However, the overflow wasn't noticed until it was in the process of seeping through the ceiling in the room beneath it. That room would be our library. Yes, the one full of books. And a newly painted ceiling. Today's interesting trivia: an HP Laserjet 4 will hold over a cup of water.

Yeah, we're not going to forget yesterday for quite a while.

  • On 5/29/2008 10:56 AM, Blogger Howard said…

    Mercury is retrograde. Blame that. I sincerely hope everything gets better, like, today.

     
  • On 5/29/2008 11:44 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    I forgot about Mercury! Probably explains why someone is downstairs snaking out my drain for the second time in two weeks.

    Oh, Jami, HUGE hugs - it all sounds terrible. I hope things get much, much easier soon.

     
  • On 5/29/2008 9:02 PM, Blogger Suzy said…

    Don't forget that your sidebar has been hijacked. Something must be going on because now Fussy's website is doing the same thing.

    I guessed it was Mercury 2 days ago because everyone I knew was in a giant funk. Not as bad as your day, but down nonetheless. Good luck with the knee. All the rest is just stuff.

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page