Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

06 June 2008

A small problem

I'm having a small problem with getting my head around the fact that in two weeks I'll be sixty years old. I'm not traumatized about being that age (not like when I turned 40, that's for sure!), I'm not afraid of it, I'm not denying it. I just don't quite believe it, I guess. Although my fucking knee feels like it's 160, the rest of me doesn't feel like it's spent six decades in existence. I'm sure I'll get used to being "that" age but right now I'm not there yet.

(And no, Denise, this is NOT intended as a not-so-subtle reminder about my birthday! Although it does have that effect.)

  • On 6/06/2008 2:36 PM, Blogger cathouse teri said…

    Hmmm... well I'm thinking I'm okay with turning fifty, although that isn't for two years. I think I'll be good with being sixty.

    But I know what you mean. You just don't FEEL sixty! Not to me anyway when I feel you.

     
  • On 6/06/2008 3:00 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    My sister would have turned 60 last Sunday. It's been very hard to imagine her that way.

     
  • On 6/06/2008 7:11 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    Teri, you're absolutely right: when you feel me I don't feel 60!

     
  • On 6/07/2008 6:52 AM, Blogger Diana_CT said…

    My sixth is coming up in October, I feel like my warranty is slowly running out. One part of me after another is breaking down, I take so many pills that I rattle when I walk.

     
  • On 6/07/2008 10:12 PM, Blogger DeniseUMLaw said…

    You have a birthday upcoming? And you say it's 60?

    hmmm, I completely forgot.... (NOT!)

    Thanks for the reminder. ;-)

     
  • On 6/10/2008 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    60? Wow. Whatever you feel about it, I hope you're going to have a fantastic birthday! x

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page