Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

07 March 2007

Clover time

I've posted before here and here about my talent for finding four-leaf clovers, and it's that time of year again when they're available in my back yard. Well, they were available until I had to mow the yard. But before I chopped them all down, I picked a few as evidence of my talent and took a few pictures of them. I also found a very rare five-leaf clover, too.


These are all "rabbits foot" or "spotted" clover and all the ones visible have at least four leaves. The spots actually make it easier to count the leaves.


The five-leaf clover is readily apparent in this shot.

It took me about 15 minutes to find the six clovers in the coffee cup above. If that ain't talent, I don't know what is. OK, I can tell jokes, too.

  • On 3/07/2007 7:30 PM, Blogger She says said…

    Well, they say that everything is bigger in Texas. I guess that goes for clovers too. So much so that they have extra leaves.

    But I'm wondering... do you by any chance live on a landfill or near something radioactive like a power plant? That might explain the extra leaves too!

     
  • On 3/08/2007 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't believe that you are already cutting the grass. I've still got several months till I have to do that as the grass is still dormant and not a tree bud or flower in sight.

     
  • On 3/09/2007 11:02 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    Well, the South Texas Nuclear Project at Bay City isn't all THAT far from my house. Come to think of it, that might explain why it's already getting warm here, too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page