Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

28 September 2007

I get to drive

Today, I finally got to drive our new car to work! The kids are off from school today as it the first day of the county fair (yes, that's how big my town is) and so Redheaded Spouse - who doesn't work on Fridays but normally is out and about on that day - is staying home to look after them. So I got to take the car. Here's the proof:
New Saturn

In the interest of fairness, since I posted the heavenly shot of my driveway, I figured I should post one of what it looks like most of the time. (And yes, that's my shadow.)
Driveway

And you all know (or you SHOULD know) that everything is bigger in Texas. For instance, the dog you see in the picture below weighs 65 pounds and stands about 2 feet tall at the shoulder. Notice that he doesn't get very close to the flowers.
Flowers

Finally, to update everyone who was interested (OK, just to fill up blog space) here's an updated picture of my dog-bit finger taken while I was driving home yesterday. Yeah, I could have take the picture at a more opportune time, but I probably would have forgotten to do it by the time I got home. Anyway, it now looks like I will not be losing the nail, which I think is a good thing, but will just have to wait for the purple to grow out. Oh, and the dog in the picture above was the guilty party.
Finger

  • On 9/28/2007 6:22 PM, Blogger cathouse teri said…

    That is a darling picture of your hand! Missed BST by a couple of days, but you and I both know, we have no intention of living by anyone's rules but our own! :)

     
  • On 9/30/2007 6:48 AM, Blogger Jo Beaufoix said…

    Ouch.
    Naughty dog.
    Love your giant bloomers though. Hee hee.

     
  • On 9/30/2007 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice ride. Good thing you don't get too much rain out that way, though. How'd you get it out of that driveway if it were muddy?

     
  • On 10/02/2007 1:58 PM, Blogger Jenn in Holland said…

    Ah, but I love that little doggie-woggie.
    I am sorry he bit your finger though. Bad doggie-woggie! Bad!

    I love, love, love the flower sculptures. Completely cool.
    As is the chance to drive the new car.

     
  • On 10/03/2007 3:42 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Your driveway still looks heavenly...

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page