Yes, she's strange and different...but not THAT different.

16 June 2008

Updates and stuff

Right off the bat, CONGRATULATIONS to all the people in California who are getting married today ... and every day from here on out. I especially want to congratulate those people who could not have gotten married before today in that state. May your lives together be happy!

I'm getting excited about my upcoming trip to Denver. I've got a car and a room and I'm not afraid to use them! (Wait - that didn't sound right.) I have always been torn by leaving home. On one hand, I love to travel and see new places and meet new people. On the other hand, I also love being at home with my family and miss them when I'm gone. But somehow I manage to handle the dichotomy. In this case it's been over a year since I traveled anywhere and now I'm looking forward to going to Denver. And meeting Howard. (Howard: have your people get in touch with my people. 'K?)

One of the ways Duhbya and his henchmen have tried to spin the war in Iraq is that "the terrorists" hate us because of our freedoms. Which, I suddenly realized, is why our government is taking away a bunch of those freedoms: it's so the bad guys will have less reason to hate us, thereby making us all safer. It's all so simple!

I've come to an acceptance of the fact that I'm turning 60 this week. I figured out that it's all a matter of perspective. So, I'm now very much looking forward to the second half of my life. After Friday, which is my actual birthday.

  • On 6/16/2008 3:31 PM, Blogger heels said…

    Functionally it makes no real difference to me (and that's kind the point, no?), but I'm extra happy to be living in California today!

    Happy birthday week!!

     
  • On 6/16/2008 9:53 PM, Blogger none said…

    My mom just turned 60. I don't consider it old at all.

    I'm glad the California folks can get married legally. But I would hope they would have already been married in a ceremony of their choosing.

    The government doesn't validate love between two people.

     
  • On 6/16/2008 10:11 PM, Blogger Nancy said…

    60? No way, you don't look even close! Have fun celebrating all week long =)

     
  • On 6/17/2008 6:35 AM, Blogger DeniseUMLaw said…

    "my mom just turned 60"?!?

    OMG. I hear something similar to that all the time (Hey! I went to law school with kids less than half my age!). Nothing makes you feel older than being told you're the same age as someone's mom....

    My condolences, Jami. Where shall we send the flowers? Will the casket be open or closed?

     
  • On 6/17/2008 8:05 AM, Blogger Jenn in Holland said…

    Whether it validates the love in a relationship or not, I too am happy for the folks who can get MARRIED in CA now. It validates that the fight for rights is worthy and winable. We'll keep at it won't we until everyone, everywhere can get married if'n they wanna.
    But happy turning 60 this week. I like your 'tude about it. Mostly, I just like you.

     
  • On 6/17/2008 8:53 AM, Blogger Weekends Off said…

    I am so happy for all that married in California, I hope they are all blessed!

    Happy early birthday! You look marvelous! Honestly I guessed MUCH MUCH younger (30's)!

     
  • On 6/17/2008 9:40 AM, Blogger Weekends Off said…

    ROFLMAO OMG the HULK comment really, really got me Jami!

     
  • On 6/17/2008 2:00 PM, Blogger Landlady of Fat said…

    Happy birthday!! :)

     
  • On 6/17/2008 2:59 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    I'm DELIGHTED for all those getting married.

    I'm HOPEFUL that maybe some day our country will leave the dark ages.

    I only WISH I could rock like you when I turn 60. But yeah, I'm sure that was a typo... it's really your 29th b'day, right?

     
  • On 6/20/2008 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yup, you're only 29. Check out my blog, it says so! :)

    Happy Birthday!

     

Post a Comment

<< Back to Front Page